headBanner

headBanner

0



cSchool failed me, and I failed the school. It bored me. The teachers behaved like Feldwebel (sergeants). I wanted to learn what I wanted to know, but they wanted me to learn for the exam. What I hated most was the competitive system there, and especially sports. Because of this, I wasn't worth anything, and several times they suggested I leave. I felt that my thirst for knowledge was being strangled by my teachers; grades were their only measurement. How can a teacher understand youth with such a system? From the age of twelve I began to suspect authority and distrust teachers.

---Albert Einstein---




EDOPIA


Being an educationist over a decade, I disagreed with the formal class room learning where students have to sit like robots and keep on learning for hours and hours. Eventually, Edopia got my attention as I was scrolling down my facebook wall. I just clicked the link and was really surprised to see my dream coming true. Atleast, somebody dared to step out of the traditional class room learning. 

Initiative has been taken by Javeria Sethi in July 5, 2014 in Islamabad.  The vision behind this venture was to em

power children to become independent learners. Whereas in traditional schooling never encourages creativity, thinking andself reflection.She envisioned a place which places value on childhood rather than producing better adults. Which encourages children to take a better decision in their lives.











At Edopia, kids devise their own timetable based on their choices, aptitude and needs . Students are not pressurised (in contrast to traditional classroom learning) as long as they are learning in a respectful environment. Students are valued for their talent and aptitude.
http://edopia.org

EDU21

Edu 21 works on the "21st century skills" and "flipped class room learning". 
 We are a part of constantly changing globalized society and our traditional class room teaching doesn't prepare the students to meet the 21st century challenges.Here are the few of the most important 21st century skills:
Ability to collaborate, work in teams
Critical thinking
Oral presentation skills
Written communication skills
Digital skills
Entrepreneurship
Creativity

To achieve the goals, new strategies must be adopted as in traditional schooling, teachers pour out the knowledge in the brains of young minds through prescribed textbooks and students try to learn through cramming and memorization which spoils the creativity and thinking power of their brains.
Teachers must guide and supervise the students as mentors through project based learning and schools are required to design a curriculum to involve the students to contribute independently through critical thinking.
Flipped  Class room learning is a new pedagogical approach. In traditional class room learning, students are transferred knowledge and later they prepare through home work activities, but in flipped learning, students learn before the class and in classroom they apply the concepts through interaction with peers and teachers.






Post a Comment

 
Top